An Index to The Actors in our Evolving Cultural Narrative. Overview of What We Do
A smattering, for a rough idea of our clattering machine's components:
1. Fodder, the Expendable. See also racial fodder in England, at Racial Fodder, England .
A/k/a the tired, the poor, the huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse, from some teeming shore, the tempest-tossed, the homeless. See the Lady in the Harbor, and Emma Lazarus' poem, 19th Century, inscribed there, ://www.bartleby.com/59/6/givemeyourti.html.
2. The Partisan . Dedicated. Dangerous if extremist.
3. The Buyer . Busy preserving and enhancing lifestyle. Do not interrupt.
4. The Fiduciary . Balancing interests of others.
5. The Extractor . Taking, regardless of interests of others.
6. The Follower . Mimic. Swallower. Likes celebrity.
7. Government. Takes the form the people let it: Ideological, extractive, or fiduciary, capable of taking on the characteristics of its people who elect its leaders (we deserve our leaders), the dance of governments and the governed
8. Leader. Also takes the form the people let him or her. Ideological, extractive, fiduciary, taking on the characteristics they seek to promote any of the above: vulnerable to becoming extremist because power is like that.
9. The Visionary. Analysts, musicians, arts, protesters, non-extremist religious and philosophical and political theorists, etc. Option seekers, expressives; and
10. The Corporate Quasi-Person - a very odd arrangement indeed. This is a "legal" person for some purposes, but people can hide in them. Must bow.
Who else is out there?
11. The Thieves. Theft of rights to know, honor, reputation, self-determination.See also Theft of consent.