DHIMMI FOR THE WEST
The stay-with-burden solution by Dhimmi.
There was another way out. If the dhimmi converted, then the status rose to that of the other Muslims. This was no utopian solution for multiculturalism, because the hierarchy of who was right was fixed (Islam was right). A balance was struck however. That is the key. And it lasted until the punitive-vengeful Christians took over: Ferdinand and Isabella in 1492 took the expulsion-death approach as to the Jews after retaking Spain.
- And now the US may choose to expend some 300 billion in funds to be diverted from other needs (see also NYT article) to deport say 2/3 of the 11,000,000 undocumented persons now in the US. Their entry has been condoned for decades as evidenced by noone bothering to address the issue. The equities are on their side, not the punitive, vengeful ones. Shaming: asking for trouble, see https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/intense-emotions-and-strong-feelings/201104/shame-concealed-contagious-and-dangerous-emotion
Governments and the Other, as seen by the Already Here. What laws can foster national progress without killing the humanity in all of us. Old textbook.Pestalozzi Institute (now museum), Yverdons-les-Bains
We know that a moderately administered dhimmitude works. That is probably why certain government leaders here propose tracks to citizenship or guest worker status. How to get that back on track, when punishment and enforcement are so much more personally satisfying, from above.
1. Educate about the role of humiliation in making matters worse.
Humiliation added to defeat creates enemies with heightened fervor to restore their place, when and as possible, but a sub-canker. See Germany's response to perceived humiliation in 1933 at Glasgow Herald, article: Hitler's Manifesto: Unjust Humiliation of Germany. So came another war loss, another humiliation, and the fervor is still there, Update 2012: a German ombudsman will represent victims of the neo-Nazi Zwickau terror cell. http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,15687020,00.html. Humans can take defeat better than humiliation.
- 'Afghan soldiers' complaints reflected primarily US forces' barbaric treatment of Afghan civilians and embarrassment at being treated as inferiors by US troops in front of civilians.'http://www.wsws.org/articles/2012/jan2012/afgh-j21.shtml
South Africa as elsewhere, "immigrants are targets of xenophobia, harassment, intimidation, immigrant police sweeps, and even geopolitically motivated attacks." See http://sfbayview.com/2012/congolese-say-south-africas-congolese-immigrant-sweep-targeted-anti-kabila-refugees/
Humiliation as a coercive tactic backfires.
- Religion is not the answer; who is chosen, who is not. Women have been dhimmi as part of religion ever since patriarchy took over religion.
- Start with behavior, not ideology. Shape behavior, and beliefs may or may not follow, but the path is safer.
Ask children to distinguish between these buildings. What is each for?
Mont St. Michel, France. Also used as a prison
Buchenwald Labor Camp, Germany
Same tall steeple type things?
3. Study Islam. Manipulation increases with ignorance.
Bear the burden, and remain. Administration not punishment. The idea was to use ongoing administration; not to removing the population from the path by slavery or death: the idea of the "superior" victor (the Muslim there) imposing economic and political limitation on the "inferior" vanquished (Christian or Jew), with economic, social and political benefit resulting if the person converted. See 'dhimmitude at http://www.dhimmitude.org/; and discussed at Europe Road Ways Themes - Kosovo, Dhimmi status.
4. Back off.
Seek consensus, not agreement. Consensus is giving permission for something, not necessarily agreeing with it. Ultimate dignity: choice. How to live a life. Somebody can give permission for the other to have a small farm, zone for it, without agreeing with what he does. See Rob Sandelin's work at http://www.ic.org/nica/Process/Consensusbasics.htm .
Scharfe family farm, Ottawa. Once immigrants.